The Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day and monthly accounting and support to Finance Function for Asia Sub Regional Office (ASRO). The position makes an important contribution to supporting financial control & compliance, bank & cash balance management, and financial support to the HR department, that accounting practice is performed in compliance with SCI policies and procedures and donor regulations.
Cash & bank management
- Support THL NO and MMR on advance disbursement from ASRO
- Support MMR on partner advance disbursement and assist in reconciling partner advances
- Checking an outstanding program advance before releasing a new program advance and reconciling monthly
- Ensure timely payment to the vendor/suppliers or staffs in Thailand & Myanmar
- Inform staff, program team, partners and suppliers when the payment is made
- Maintain all cash and bank document (Reconciliation, Bank Statement, Cash Count, etc.) are filed.
- Review requisition/cash vouchers (against budget, coding, authority, policy, supporting docs, and accuracy) and process payment
- Handle designated payments through cash payment vouchers with due approval of the authorized signatories
- Support for reviewing cash requests and ensure cash management for daily activities according to SCI finance policy
- Assist in coordinating with budget holders to consolidate information on their activities plan for the month
- Ensuring weekly cash counts are conducted
- In charge of day-to-day cash/safe management
- Support changing bank signatories and provide an induction to the new bank signatures
- Enter monthly staff payroll and benefits based in Thailand into Agresso
- Review and process the international staff payroll & benefit from the inter-charge system
- Review monthly staff income tax
- Process monthly payment for staff benefits into the Agresso system; annual leave accrual, 13th-month salary, saving scheme, staff compensation fund, staff & family insurance, and staff wellness.
- Update petty cash and bank payment tracking to ensure there is sufficient cash for operational and security proposes and monitor the bank balance to ensure that Asia Sub-Regional Hub Office has adequate funds from the SCI Centre or ARO
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- The complete full process of bank management according to the policy
- Liaise with banks and provide support in all matters related to Asia Sub-Regional Hub Office
Financial support to Human Resources
- Coordinate with the HR department to review staff salaries and benefits paid according to contract based in Thailand, including increments and cost of living increases are added at the appropriate times; all tax liabilities according to the country rules and regulations are met accurately and on time.
- Review the monthly invoice of MP&O (Out Sourcing Company for hiring of MEC Staff) based on the signed agreement.
- Pay and record staff benefits before month-end
- Ensure all transaction records into Agresso and submit the document for posting
- Month-end cash reconciliation
- Month-end bank reconciliation
- Review accrual and prepayment much have supporting documents sufficient
- Provide detail of other balance sheet items required for monthly financial review (e.g. Programing advance)
- Review field office shared cost and premise cost and adjust it when necessary
- Review of the transaction list and make the necessary reclassification after having consultation with the program team
- GLACOS prepared / submitted by MMR team, review and post those transactions in ASRO books if required
- Support in Agresso access and SoD management as per the requirement
- Support in creating DEAs as when as required.
- Maintain accurate recording of transactions into the Agresso system
- Prepare the monthly withholding tax forms and submit the report to the revenue department to meet the monthly deadlines.
- Review accrual/prepayment must have sufficient supporting documents
- Prepare documents and records for the audit as requested
- Maintain physical financial supporting documents and filing securely according to the SCI finance policy
Financial Monitoring & Reporting:
- Support Program team in financial monitoring of all active awards under ASRO (BVA report/meetings etc)
- Support in preparing donor financial reports as per the donor guideline
- Bi-weekly update exchange rate information for Budget Holders
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competencies will be adjusted based on organisational developments.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 7 December 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.