Waliku is a Save the Children technology team that provides bespoke solutions for digital data capture and analytics on learner education and well-being. Since inception in 2016, Waliku has grown from a proof-of-concept study and pilot to supporting Save the Children projects in multiple sites globally. At Waliku we provide technology for development (T4D) solutions, which include a suite of digital tools, analytics, an accompanying implementation toolkit and value-added services. In doing so, we expect projects and particularly educators, be it in formal or non-formal schooling, can recognize and address gaps in learner attendance, education progression, health and well-being in a timely manner.
End users of our tools could be project office staff, frontline workers, or counterparts in the community- district education officers, school supervisors, school principals / administrators, teachers, community educators, parents and caregivers. In connecting various stakeholders digitally, we also facilitate communication and coordination between them to meet children’s right to education, well-being and achieving their fullest potential. This will be an unpaid volunteer.
The Waliku team is seeking a volunteer to support the team with respect to implementation and analytics activities
- Assist the analytics team with data capture forms and dashboards
- Draft data capture forms on Kobo and other platforms to meet the needs of projects
- Use standard templates for each use case for developing the data capture forms
- Review dashboards developed by the analytics team, validating the data
- Provide feedback on dashboard improvements and corrections needed
- Assist the implementation team with translation and related activities
- Assist the team with translation of forms and documents from English to other languages or from other languages to English
- Assist with formatting of tools, as needed by the communications specialist
- Participate in calls with clients to assist with any translation needs
- Assist with other team activities
- Assist the Waliku team lead with other activities related to administration, and business development
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 23 November 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.