This is both a strategic and operational role. The role holder is responsible in strengthening systems and procedures of the human resources function for Save the Children in the Asia Sub Regional Office (ASRO); building and improving the capacity of ASRO HR Officer and ensuring a working system is in place aiming to achieve efficiency, effectiveness and quality in support of programme implementation in the ASRO.
The role holder provides leadership to the Human Resources team, ensures support and performs controls over all aspects of the human resources function (Talent acquisition, Talent management, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits, HR Operations, Exit management, Staff wellbeing, Grievance and Incident management of National, International staff, Interns, Volunteers and Consultants).
The role holder is also responsible in coordinating all relevant stakeholders and country HR functional leads from relevant countries with support from Asia Regional Office to ensure that ASRO HR deliverables are fully met. Additionally, the role assists the Senior Management Team (SMT) in ensuring the application of and adherence to all relevant SCI policies.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
• Ensure HR outsourcing company scope of work and deliverables for ASRO staff in the region are met including ensuring coordination of recruitment, compensation, benefits and duty of care are delivered as per contractual obligations
• Ensure HR policies are updated and compliances are met
• Responsible and lead the recruitment of ASRO national and international staff , Intern, Volunteer and Consultants as per SCI standards
• Conduct Job Evaluation for the new roles
• Develop quality job descriptions and get necessary approvals, ensure vacancy advertisements are posted on all job boards
• Create job requisition and get approvals, advertise the jobs
• Handle initial screening of applications, send longlist to hiring manager for final shortlisting
• Represent HR in the interview assessments and selection of candidates
• Negotiation of salary and benefits
• Decision of salary offer
• Conduct Reference check, Vetting, Recommend for rehire check of the selected candidates
• Ensure system access on - Oracle, SCI email, Sharepoint, LMS, Kaya, Disaster ready, Agresso timesheet
DEVELOP TO PERFORM AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
• Lead Develop to Perform goal setting and quarterly reviews
• Training refresher on Talent management and career planning
• Conduct Talent management and career planning
• Facilitate Deployment / secondment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Prepare Payroll data and get payroll clearance; send approved payroll data for payment processing
• Finalize all changes: new staff with all income, allowance, 13th month, termination, salary review, promotion etc.
• Submit payment request for approval on monthly salary and benefits
• Process the annual salary increments
• Maintain up to date all staff list
• HR Annual Budgeting
• Handle Contract extension, Probation review and completion, Promotion, transfer or any change in status, Issuance of letters
• Reconciliation of Annual and Sick Leave
GRIEVANCE AND DISCIPLINARY MANAGEMENT
• Manage grievance and disciplinary management, allegations
• Manage safeguarding cases
DUTY OF CARE
• Ensure Psychosocial and Mental Health Support for staff
• Demonstrate core values. Ensuring culture of team - Team cohesion, non-discrimination, respect)
• Get resignation approval from line managers
• Handle Leaver’s process, Administer and review Leaver survey, manager survey
• Conduct exit interviews
• Calculation of leave balance of outgoing staff
• Processing final payment and clearance
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 10 Dec 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.